Failure and success are common things we all face throughout our life journey. The fear of failures impacts on how people experience their lives. By failures people percept their life as the good life and bad life.
Fortunately, if you are designing your life you can be a failure but instead, you come across many prototypes. If one prototype fails you can design other and follow it. Once you become a life designing person and are living the ongoing creative process of life design, you can’t fail. you can only make progress and learning from different kinds of experiences that failure and success both have to offer.
Here is the way to reframe the failures and improve your failure immunity,
Failure Reframe Exercise:
It’s easy for us to describe the raised goal of attaining failure immunity. but getting there is another matter. Here is an exercise to help you do failure reframe. Failure is the raw material of success, and the failure reframe is a process of converting that raw material into real growth. It consists of three steps.
1.Log Your Failures:
Write down when you are messed or that the things that already made you fail. You can do this by looking back over a week, month or a year. Make an all time failure history list. Any time frame is just okay. If you want to build the habit of converting the failure into growth, then I can suggest you do this once in a month until you establish a new way of thinking. Failure reframe is a healthy habit that leads to failure immunity.
2. Categorize Your Failures:
Failures are categorized into 3 types in design thinking. This categorization can help you to easily identify where your growth potential lies.
- Screw ups: These are simple mistakes about you normally get right. Acknowledge your screwups, apologize as needed an move on.
- Weaknesses: These are failures that happen due to one of your permanent failings. You make these mistakes over and over. The best strategy to face these failures is, to avoid the situations that prompt these failures instead of improvement.
- Growth opportunities: Growth opportunities are the failures that didn’t have to happen or at least don’t have to happen next time. The cause of these failures is identifiable and can be fixed. Look for an insight to capture that could change things next time. Write it down and put it into work. So its a simple reframe and these failures can be won.
3. Identify Growth Insights:
Look for an insight to capture that could change things next time. Write it down and put it into work. So its a simple reframe and these failures can be won.
“Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently”-Henry Ford
Improving failure immunity helps you accept the situation and learn from them. This way, you can design the life you desire. This, in turn, can improve your productivity and helps to achieve financial independence and can foster your early retirement.
What are your ways to face the failures?
If you need more tips on designing a better life to achieve financial independence and early retirement or investing in real estate, call Raj now, at 720 5151051 for professional assistance.
Photo by Steve Halama on Unsplash